Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Redheads

Heard a Dickcissel again at Port Lambton this morning.  It was quite far back today.
Here is a photo of the other hairstreak from two days ago.  Looks somewhat like a Hickory!  Sometimes it is so obvious, but other times it is not.  There can be some variation in Banded.  I was thinking Hickory when I first saw it, but was not sure at the time.

Here is a knock-your-socks-off Banded variation!

White-M Hairstreaks have been showing up at Point Pelee lately.  Not surprising really. I have only ever seen one.
Pelee Island August 2008

I drove around a bit tonight checking some other spots for Dickcissels.  No luck!  Early morning is always better though it seems.
I stopped at ICI Wetlands and saw a number of ducks including at least 4 pairs of Redhead.  Though they breed in the Walpole marshes and Lake St. Clair, seems odd that many were there at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment