Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pelee Visit on Sunday

On Sunday I went to Point Pelee to see what was around.  I started at Redbud Trail which was quite good for warblers and other birds.  There was finally a good variety of birds to sort through.

Chestnut-sided Warbler
Sparrow Field was also quite good.  I saw my first Philadelphia Vireo of the fall migration there, as well as a couple of Cape May Warblers.

The Tip was not very active with a strong west wind.  A number of gulls were milling about but I could find nothing unusual.




A quick check of Northwest Beach area revealed a couple of Common Buckeyes, common Checkered-Skipper among others.

Carolina Saddlebags


I decided to check out Hillman Marsh shorebird cell area.  It is certainly a big year for checkered skippers as I had at least 40 just around the cell.




Peck's Skippers were quite common as well (over two dozen).  I only saw on Tawny-edged Skipper.



Lots of Common Buckeyes were present as well.

Checkered Skippers are everywhere right now it seems.  One was at Stewart Wetland this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment